The Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns is hiring! Please consider joining our team.
The Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns represents the Maryknoll Sisters, Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, Maryknoll Lay Missioners and works closely with the Maryknoll Affiliates. Our aim is to bring Maryknoll mission experience to public policy debates on Capitol Hill and at the United Nations, to educate about issues related to social justice, peace, and integrity of creation and to advocate for social, environmental and economic justice. Our goal is to influence positive change in the areas of systemic poverty, human rights violations, conflict, migration, and environmental destruction. Our offices are located in Washington, DC, and at Maryknoll, New York.
- Develop and coordinate production of MOGC publications (bimonthly newsletter, weekly action alerts, webinars, short videos for social media) and additional materials as needed
- Maintain MOGC website
- Manage email subscription list and email advocacy campaigns
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter)
- Coordinate with other Maryknoll entities and external partners to promote MOGC work (MK Sisters Outreach Cluster, MKLM Communications Dept, MKL Church Engagement Dept, Maryknoll Magazine)
- Lead outreach efforts to engage current MOGC supporters and expand our network of followers
- Act as strategic communications advisor to staff on statements, op-eds, letters to the editor
- Act as MOGC representative in working groups with external partners to be determined (IIC, CIDSE Comms)
- Act as MOGC representative in collaboration efforts with other Maryknoll entities
- Bachelor degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- At least 2 years work experience in a comparable setting
- Excellent writing skills and professional editing experience
- Familiarity with InDesign, Drupal, or similar programs and platforms
- Comfort and skill with social media tools
- Understanding of and respect for Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively about social justice issues from a faith perspective
- Significant mission work, volunteer work, or international experience a plus
- Familiarity with Maryknoll a strong plus
- Spanish-language speaking and writing skills a strong plus
Location: Washington, D.C., with occasional domestic and international travel.
Maryknoll offers an outstanding work environment, career development and competitive benefits. EOE.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and published writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Communications Manager Search